The mission of the Society for Scholarly Publishing is “[t]o advance scholarly publishing and communication, and the professional development of its members through education, collaboration, and networking.” The Scholarly Kitchen is a moderated and independent blog aimed to help fulfill this mission by bringing together differing opinions, commentary, and ideas, and presenting them openly.
The Society for Scholarly Publishing established The Scholarly Kitchen in February 2008 to:
- Keep SSP members and interested parties aware of new developments in publishing
- Point to research reports and projects
- Interpret the significance of relevant research in a balanced way (or occasionally in a provocative way)
- Suggest areas that need more input by identifying gaps in knowledge
- Translate findings from related endeavors (publishing outside STM, online business, user trends)
- Attract the community of STM information experts interested in these things and give them a place to contribute
Opinions on the Scholarly Kitchen are those of the authors. They are not necessarily those held by the Society for Scholarly Publishing nor by the authors’ respective employers.
Comments on The Scholarly Kitchen are moderated, and details on our comment policy can be found here. Publication of a comment does not indicate an endorsement of the opinions in any comment. Opinions expressed in comments are those of the individuals making the comments.
Copyright of each post remains with that post’s author. Information on Permissions and Reuse of articles can be found here.
To contact us, just send us an email.