Given the huge interest in our April Fool’s post about the publishing conglomerate SPEW, our Friday Fun this week will be a rundown of some of the best mischief achieved that day around the Web (apparently, there was plenty to go around):
- Sitepoint reported that the Internet was about to reboot.
- Expedia offered $99 flights to Mars.
- Laminatr.com offered a way to laminate your Web site for a glossy, 2.0 finish.
- Yahoo! launched its new Ideology Search, so you don’t have to encounter differing ideologies in your results stream.
- NewsLite.tv reported that iPods get heavier as you add music.
- HowStuffWorks revealed rechargeable gum.
- Reflecting the harsh economic times, especially for start-ups, Plurk relaunched as Bitter.
Overall, it was a fun day, a reminder that creativity, mischief, and humor are plentiful, even in tough times.