This eighth episode of SSP’s Early Career Development Podcast is the second in a two-part series on open access (OA) publishing (see Part 1 here). In this section, Meredith Adinolfi (Cell Press) and Ann Michael (DeltaThink) discuss some of the more complex aspects of the OA landscape, such as funder mandates, Plan S, and transformative agreements.
To wrap up the two-part series on OA, we encourage our listeners to continue reading and learning about OA. Below are some resources that Ann was kind enough to share for interested readers:
- Seeking Sustainability: Publishing Models for an Open Access Age
- PLOS Community Action Publishing model
- Subscribe to Open resources:
- Sustainable Open Access (recorded webinar with Ann Michael, Raym Crow, and Sara Rouhi from PLOS)
- cOAlition S website and resources
- Plan S impact
- Transformative journals:
- ESAC Initiative
- University of California model and toolkit
Background on this podcast series
SSP’s Career Development Committee launched a podcast series in 2019 for early career publishing professionals. Co-hosted by Meredith Adinolfi (Cell Press) and Sara Grimme (Digital Science), the podcast series offers advice and discussion on how early career publishing professionals can add to their skill sets, develop networks, and take advantage of opportunities. The series presents interviews and insights from experienced professionals on how to navigate one’s career in a diverse and ever-changing landscape of scholarly communications.